In general, when you set up the router for the first time, the login details mentioned on the label pasted at the back of hardware work for you. However, if it is not working, then you might have changed it earlier.
The login password is essential to log in to the web-based Linksys interface. If you want to make any changes to the settings or add a new router, then this password is must. The default IP address for the Linksys router is 192.168.2.2.
After entering the password on the login page, if you find nothing opened on the screen, then it’s the time to reset or recover the password. The steps for resetting the password are given in the post. Read all the steps carefully before implementing them on the device. It is otherwise recommended by the experts to keep on changing the password of your router for security reasons because the default details can be easily cracked by hackers.
- To begin with, connect the router to the power input through the power adapter.
- Keep the height of the router above your head so that you can easily see the bottom buttons.
- Click the ‘Reset’ button with the help of paper clip or with sharp-tip pen.
- When you release the button, all the lights on the hardware will start blinking fast before coming to a steady position.
- Wait for half a minute and check if all the lights are now stable or not.
- Disconnect the router from the power source and wait for 2 minutes. Connect the router again and wait till the booting of the router gets finished.
- After this, you can start accessing the login page by entering the default credentials. The username is ‘Admin’ and the password is ‘password’. If you want to change it now, you can click on ‘Change password’ option. Enter the password twice to confirm it. All the devices can now connect to the Wi-Fi without any problem. If you want, you can set port forwarding on your router from the web-interface page.
Still can’t access the E4200 router?
After changing the password successfully, if you are still getting the login problem, then there is a need to check the IP address. Whether the IP address entered by you is correct or incorrect. To reset the IP address, follow the steps given below:
Go to the ‘Preferences’ option and check the ‘Gateway’ IP. It is same as that of IP address. Click on ‘Settings’ and check the ‘TCP/IP’ details mentioned over there. Tap to reset it to the default gateway.For more information go to Linksys Smart Wifi.