Error 401 relates to Linksys router authorization. If the login details entered by you are incorrect, you will get the error code. Entering the wrong password more than 3 times in one go may result in error 401. In such situations, you can get rid of this error by resetting the password. To reset the password, follow the steps given in this guide.
If you want to reset password through a factory reset, then open ‘Factory reset’ option and click on ‘Instructions’ to get on-screen guide.
Steps for resetting the device
To reset your Linksys velop setup, go through the below-mentioned suggestions given in the form of steps.
- Press the reset button given on the Linksys velop hardware. You will find this button either at the back or at the side panel of it.
- Press with the help of a sharp tip pen.
- Keep it pressed for 10 seconds at least and release after this.
- Disconnect the power cord from the router and wait for 5 minutes. Connect the router again to the power supply and wait for the power light to turn solid green. If the light turns solid green, it means the device is ready to function.
- All the settings will reset to default. All the login details like username and password will also get reset to defaults. Enter the default password now to log in to the page.
- Setup the router again with the help of the setup page.
Browsing the setup page
- Launch internet explorer on your computer and enter the IP address of your router. If you have not installed the internet explorer, then open Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter the IP address of your Linksys velop router in the address space and press ‘Enter’. If you can’t log in to the page, then check the IP address from the sticker pasted on the hardware or from the manufacturer’s website.
- Press ‘Enter’ after confirming the IP address.
- Enter the login username and password in the next window.
- Enter ‘password’ in the password field and leave the username field blank if not mandatory to fill.
- Tap ‘Ok’ to login.
- If everything is properly done, you will find the login page appeared on the screen. You can now change the password according to your preference.
Note: If after implementing the steps, you are still getting the problem, then don’t get irritated. Check the steps again and match what you have implemented. If any step left unprocessed, then you will get the login reset problem. Try the complete process again.