Error 401 on the Linksys web-based setup page is associated with user authorization on router login. If the password or other details like username entered on the page are incorrect, you will get error code 401. To get rid of this error, reset the password through the below-mentioned steps.
If you want to reset the password through factory reset option, then go to ‘Factory reset’ from settings and follow on-screen instructions.
Quick steps to reset the password
To reset the velop mesh-Wi-Fi system, follow the steps mentioned here as under:
- Tap ‘Reset’ button from the hardware. This button is given on the side panel of hardware or at the back of it.
- You can press with the help of a sharp tip pen or pencil and keep it pressed for 10 seconds.
- Now disconnect the Velop from the power supply by unplugging the adapter. Wait for 5 minutes and switch on the adapter again after connecting it to the power supply. If the light turns green, your device is ready to operate.
- All the settings will now reset to default. Now, you can log in to the Velop setup-page by entering the default login credentials i: e, Admin in the username and ‘password’ in the password field. You can change it afterward according to your choice.
- Configure the router again with the web-based setup page.
Opening the setup page
- Open internet explorer or other browser installed on the computer and enter the IP address of your mesh Wi-Fi system which can be checked online from the Linksys page.
- Enter the IP address in the defined address space of your browser followed by hitting ‘Enter’. If you find problem in opening the page, then confirm the IP address from the sticker pasted at the back of hardware.
- If it matches but still you are getting the problem, then the IP address might be changed.
- Enter the login username and password after getting into the login page.
- Enter a password in the ‘Password’ field and ‘Admin’ in the ‘Username’ field.
- Tap ‘OK’ to login.
- If everything is successfully entered, you can log in to the account and start performing steps for changing the password.
Note: After entering the details in the respective box, if you are still getting the problem, then check the steps thoroughly and if any step left by chance, perform all the steps again. You will definitely get success after this. We hope you must have understood the steps discussed above. For more information click at Linksys Smart Wifi Setup.