The major difference in connecting the second computer and guest computer to the Linksys Velop network is access to the main network. You will get access to the main network only in the second computer whereas, in the guest computer, you can connect to the internet only but not to the whole network.
How to connect the second computer to Linksys?
There are 3 different ways to connect the second computer:
- Connect using the wired connection. You can use ether cable to the computer to the router.
- Connecting additional computers through easy setup key. The details instructions are given on the help page.
- Manually connecting the wireless devices like computer and laptop through SSID and password.
How to connect the computer to the guest network?
With the help of guest network feature accessible from the router, you can connect the computer under guest mode. In this mode, you will get only limited access to the internet. When you launch any website, you will be asked to enter the password but when you connect to the network, it doesn?t require any authentication key.
Configuring more than one router on the same network may create confusion because both will hold the same SSID.? So, the best way to tackle this problem is to add ?Guest? as a prefix to the router meant for guest purpose.
Steps for connecting the guest network to the iPad
If you are using the Velop router with guest mode enabled, then connect the iPad through the below-mentioned steps. Before starting with the steps, the following things must be available with you.
- Guest Wi-Fi.
- Password access. The guest password can be checked from the app installed on a smartphone.
Note: If you are not sure whether your?Linksys velop support?guest feature or not, you can open the details of your router from the support page. Just enter the model number and press ?Enter?.
- Go to the home screen and select ?Settings?.
- Click on ?Wi-Fi? from the main menu.
- Tap to turn it on.
- Select the SSID you want to connect to.
Note: The best way to find out the guest network SSID is by locating the name with ?Guest? used as a prefix. After finding it, click to connect. You don?t need to enter any password as the guest mode is always ?Unsecured?. Yes, when you open any new window, you are required to enter the passkey.
- Enter the password with the help of a virtual keyboard.
- Click ?Enter?.
- Press center button of iPad to close the current window and start accessing the internet.