Linksys Velop Setup is the future of internet connectivity, as this smart Wi-Fi system is packed with a Tri-Band feature that is bound to deliver lightning-fast internet to the devices connected to it. Velop even incorporates ‘Alexa’, a smart voice assistant that allows users to control the device through voice commands. Linksys Velop stands ahead of its competitors in various verticals because of the inclusion of features like device prioritization, smart parental controls, speed test and more.
Setting up Velop
Linksys Velop doesn’t take much time to set up, as there is a setup guide available inside the box in which the unit comes. Moreover, you have the option of setting up Velop through its official website. The company has created an application as well, which is called ‘Velop app’. This app controls the device and all its features, plus the app works on all operating systems, be it Android or iOS. Velop app can also be used with printers. If you want to know the way of connecting a wireless printer to Linksys Velop, then read on.
How to connect a wireless printer to Linksys Velop?
You can connect wireless printers to Velop Wi-Fi mesh system for printing your documents from anywhere in your house. You need to follow below-mentioned steps in order to connect a wireless printer to Linksys Velop:
- Make sure to address all prerequisites before beginning the setup process.
- The wireless printer should support WPA/WPA2 network encryption standard.
- Make sure that the Linksys Velop is turned on.
- Install Linksys Connect app on your PC.
- The distance between Velop Router and printer should not exceed five feet.
- Make sure that all the software and drivers related to the printer are installed on the PC.
- Open ‘Start’ menu followed by clicking ‘All programs’ and then, select ‘Linksys Connect’.
- From the ‘Linksys Connect’ app’s home screen, open ‘Computers, and devices’.
- Select your wireless printer from the ‘connected printer’ screen.
- You are going to look for ‘Wireless connecting’ screen, which will display Velop’s network, network key, and security type. Note down these details on a piece of paper, as it will be used later on.
- Open ‘Printer’ that you have added and enter the settings related to it. Enter the details that you’ve written on the paper and tap ‘next’.
- You will see ‘successfully connected’ message on the screen, which means, the Velop router is connected to a wireless printer.
- Give your printer a name and then, tap ‘Finish’
You can now start printing your documents and images from your devices sitting in another room. In case, your printer is still not connected to the Velop router, then you will have to take help of Velop setup and support providers.