Some of the Linksys users have reported that they are getting ‘Invalid IP address range’ error on their router. With this error on screen, they are unable to connect the router to the internet.
We can understand the level of frustration you have for not being able to access the internet due to this error. Keeping the users’ problem on priority, we are now going to discuss steps for fixing the ‘IP address range’ error on Linksys Velop router.
Check the firmware version and upgrade if required
- To check the version of firmware installed, go to Linksys cloud account by entering the IP address i:e, 192.168.1.1 in the computer browser.
- Enter the username and password in the space provided and click ‘Login’.
- Tap Connectivity.
- Go to the ‘Basic tab’ and click the ‘Locate firmware update’ section.
- From here, you can check the current firmware version installed.
How to upgrade it?
- Once the version is found out, you can update it to the latest version with the help of the same link.
- Enter the model number of your Linksys Velop router and press ‘Enter’.
- Login to the cloud account with the same credentials you used to check the version of the router.
- Tap ‘Connectivity’.
- Click on the ‘Firmware Update’ section and select ‘Update’.
- Go to ‘Download location’ and select to open it.
- Tap the‘Start’ button given inside the software of Linksys Velop and press ‘Yes’.
- Wait till the firmware updates get installed. Turn off the computer and restart it.
Change the IP address of your router to fix the issue.
- Again open the router setup interface through cloud account details.
- Click on ‘Connectivity’ and select the ‘Local network’ option.
- From here, you will find the ‘Router details’ option. Click on it and start editing it.
- Enter the IP address you want to configure on your router. You can check it online from the website.
- Go to ‘DHCP server’ details and change the ‘Start IP address to the IP range of router’.
- Tap ‘Apply’ from the bottom of the screen.
- Click Ok if any pop-up message appears on the top.
- Turn off the router and wait for 30 seconds. Turn it on again.
In this way, you can troubleshoot the IP range error of your Linksys Velop router. We hope you will get success after implementing the steps and love to hear the comments from you in the comment section given below.
For more information go to Linksys Router Login.