Linksys Velop is easy to set up, as you just need to follow the steps provided on Velop Setup webpage. However, you need to ensure that you have the following things with you.
- Linksys smartphone app installed on your Android smartphone (OS version 4.1 and higher).
- Fast and reliable internet connection.
Once you have these, you need to configure Linksys Velop on your Android smartphone:
- Open the app on your smartphone.
- Go to ‘Setup’ link.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your smartphone from ‘Settings’.
Note: If you are asked to enable the current location on your smartphone, then turn it on from ‘Location’ settings, which you can find under the main settings.
- Go through all the terms and conditions followed by clicking ‘Agree’ to those.
- As you do so, the setup page searches the node.
- Once the node is detected, tap ‘Next’.
- The node will detect the network connection.
- Upon the detection of the internet, go to step 15 straightaway, else go through the wiring between the modem and router. If there is any issue in the router’s wiring, then the device won’t be setup.
- After checking the wiring, click the box corresponding to the respective box to proceed further.
- Now, you should restart your modem and enter ISP details, or click ‘Add automatically’.
- The modem can be restarted by taking out the power cable from the power outlet. Then, tap ‘it’s unplugged’ option.
- Once the lights are turned off, it means, the modem is shut down properly.
- Wait for a couple of minutes before you connect the device again to the power supply.
- Wait till the modem refreshes itself.
- Create a Linksys Cloud account, and in case, you already maintain an account, then enter your email address and password that you already know about it. If you sign up for the first time, then enter some basic details such as your name, email address, password and location. Tap ‘Create’ to continue with the cloud account setup. You will see a message on the screen that ‘Cloud account has been successfully setup’.
- The account is going to link to the router automatically. When you log into the Cloud account, then you will see the details of your Velop router.
- Create SSID and password for Velop router, and this SSID is going to connect smart Wi-Fi devices to the home network.
- Begin connecting your smart devices to the router with SSID and password. In case, you don’t know how to turn on Wi-Fi on your smartphone, then go to ‘Settings’ and then, ‘Wi-Fi’.
- You will see the same details on the screen of your Android smartphone.
- You will see the ‘success’ message on the screen.
- Proceed to the ‘Next’ page and then, click on the bottom of the screen.
Your Velop router is going to check for updates if there is any available for the software version. It is going to automatically be downloaded and installed on Velop router.For more information go to Linksys Smart Wifi Login.