In normal cases, the default password and username of router always work and you can easily configure the router after login. In case, it is not working, then you might have changed it earlier and forgot it.
In Linksys E4200 router, the login password is required for a web-based interface. This works only for the first time login after which you will have to change it.
The IP address of Linksys router for setup is 192.168.1.1.
The password if entered by you is not working, then there is nothing to worry about. You can easily recover or reset it with the help of below mentioned simple steps. You can generate a new password for your router and start configuring it through the new one. It is however recommended by the experts to change the password after every one month due to security concerns. The default login password can be easily cracked by hacker as the details are available online on the Linksys router page.
- The very first step that is to be implemented is connecting the router to the input power source and check the lights.
- Keep the height of the router above your height so that you can easily see the buttons below it.
- Tap the ?Reset? button underneath the hardware with the help of a sharp-tip pen or pencil for 5 seconds.
- When you release the button, all the lights on the panel will start flashing fast before turning to solid green.
- Wait for half a minute and check if the device is reset or not.
- Disconnect power supply now from the device and wait for a few seconds.
- Restart the router and check if the booting process has been initiated or not. This can be checked from the LEDs engrossed on panel.
- After this, the router is successfully reset. You can now go to the web-interface page and try login by entering the default password i: e, ?Password?. If you want, you can change the default password of your router by entering the new password twice. Now, see the different options like ?Password?, ?Custom settings?, ?Username? and ?Port forwarding?.
Can?t Access E4200 router?
If after changing the password, you are still not able to login or access the web-interface page, then check the IP address entered by you. The IP address can be reset through the below-mentioned steps.
Check the gateway IP of your router from the computer display which is almost similar to the IP address. Open ?Preferences? followed by ?Settings?. Click on ?Gateway addresses?. The TCP/IP details mentioned over there will take you to the ?Default gateway?.