It is the quality of Linksys smart Wi-Fi routers that it automatically detect the internet connection and inspect if there is any problem with the connectivity. Accessing the web-setup page when the internet is not available on the device may derive error prompts and messages on the browser. We are now going to discuss troubleshooting steps for different error messages.
- Internet connection down: If the router doesn’t detect the internet connection, you will get ‘internet connection is down’ message. To troubleshoot this error, connect the router properly to the modem and check if the problem is resolved by connecting the device physically to the computer or not.
- Router not setup: If you keep on clicking the ‘Continue’ button even after getting an error message on screen, then ‘Router not setup’ will appear. To fix this error, open the router setup page and click on the link ‘I understand that router is open and not secured’ and ‘Configure router using smart Wi-Fi account instead’.
- Account suspended: After repeated login attempts to the web-based setup page, you will get an ‘Account suspended’ message on a computer screen. Wait for some time and try again. Check if the problem gets resolved or not.
- Unexpected error 2123: If you come across this error, click ‘Ok’ and proceed to reset the router. For more information related to the ‘Resetting of router’, you can click on ‘Linksys Velop reset’ link.
- Error 2112: This error is related to cloud access from Linksys velop setup. If you have made any changes in the configuration of the router which makes it unfit for the device, you will get error 2112. like for example, if you are entering the wrong MAC address in the mac filtering settings, then you will get error 2112. To fix this problem, hard reset is required.
- Error 2118: This error corresponds to IPv6 which is linked to the network. To fix this error, go to account settings and click on ‘Connectivity’. From there, go to ‘Internet settings’ followed by ‘IPv6’ and disable it.
- Error 2178: This error appears if more than one device is connected to the internet and having the same name and IP address. To fix this issue, click on the devices and turn them off first followed by turning it on one by one. If you are still getting the same error, then repeat the process again and go to the Linksys cloud account. Click on ‘Network map’ tool from where you can rename the device. It must be remembered not to use more than two devices at the same time.
If you want to know more about Linksys Smart Wifi Setup then you can call to our Linksys Velop Support team and also you can visit to Linksys official websites’s link https://www.linksys.com/us/velop/