There are three causes of the Wi-Fi connection dropping problem between the Velop router and the devices like PS3, Xbox, streaming devices, computers, and laptops. These are:
- The low signal on the wireless router.
- The firmware of the router needs an upgrade.
- Interference from nearby wireless devices.
We are now going to discuss the steps to fix this problem. Don’t forget to check the wireless connectivity of other wireless devices on the network before proceeding with the steps.
Reducing wireless interference
If the connection drops frequently on your wireless device, then ensure the following:
- 2.4 GHz interference: If the router and the nearby wireless devices like a cordless phone or telephone system are using the same frequency, then interference may encounter. Change the router channel to 1 or 3 depending on the number of channels available so that over-lapping of channels does not take place.
- Physical obstruction: Certain physical obstructions like walls and floors at your place may result in connection dropping issues. Move the device away from all these obstructions.
- Placement of the router: It is recommended to place the router at least 3 feet above the ground. If you are placing the router at a high location, then keep a distance of at least 2 feet between the ceiling, tips, and walls. If the signal can pass through the floors, then you can place the router on the top floor.
Tips: The most preferred location for the Velop router is in the center of your house. It can be a living room or a drawing-room.
- Keep the router away from objects constitutes of metal and areas surrounded by water like bathroom or fish tanks. If you have microwave or radios at home, then keep the router away from these devices.
Changing the wireless settings of the router
If you keep the settings of your Linksys Velop router the same which comes by default, then it may conflict with another router within the same area. It is recommended to change the settings like SSID and password of your router by implementing the below-mentioned steps.
- If you don’t know how to change the SSID of your router, then you can visit the Linksys Velop model support link.
- To enable the wireless security or set a Passkey on your Velop router, you need to click on the related link.
- For routers other than Linksys Velop, you can contact the experts.
Try to use WPA2 or WPA personal as security type. This will not only ensure the security of the network but also maintain a stable connection on wireless devices.
Update the firmware of the router
If you are getting the frequent disconnection connection issues on your network, then it might be due to the obsolete version of firmware installed on the router. Update the router to the latest version and check if the problem has been resolved or not. To update the firmware version of Linksys Velop, open the default web-interface of the router and click on the ‘Update’ link.
After updating the firmware of the router, update the firmware of wireless devices as well and now try connecting the devices to the Linksys Velop. If you are still facing the problem, then contact experts.
Contact us for more information Linksys Router Login