Linksys Velop Setup is a revolutionary networking device, which provides users with lightning-fast internet along with impregnable security. In order to access the internet through Linksys Velop, you obviously need Linksys Velop package, so you can buy single nodes or a package of three.
It won’t be possible for you to connect more than three nodes to a single Velop mesh. If you want to connect more, then you will have to create another network. Other things that you will require an Ethernet Port in your Router/Switch or Modem. At last, you need to download the Linksys app, which is available free of cost on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
The process begins with plugging in one of the Velop nodes. Connect power and network cables in order to turn on the node, which will display a blue color. The node boots now, and as it does, install Linksys app on your mobile device. Once installed, open the app and follow below-mentioned steps.
- Tap ‘Launch Setup’ button, and as you do so, the app searches for its first node.
- The light on the node turns purple, which means, the app has located the device.
- Tap ‘Next’ and you will be prompted to make an account to connect with your mesh network.
- The next screen that appears will ask you to set a name for your wireless network along with creating a password. Create a strong password consisting of numbers, letters, and special characters.
- Give a name to the node, based on the node’s location. If no default option fits, then tap ‘Name it something else’ and give a unique name.
- With that, your first node is now set up. You can tap ‘Next’ and go to the next screen where you can add another node or finish the process.
Adding Another Node
If you are looking to add another node, then plug it into power, tap ‘Another Node’ on the app, and follow the on-screen instructions on the app. Linksys Velop will do all the work this time, and all you have to do is let the app know when the light on the node is purple. When it is purple, give a name to the node. The main Velop node will transfer the configuration to the second and third nodes. It will take around 15 minutes and you will have a 3-node mesh network properly set up and running.
Linksys Velop is an ideal device for accessing the internet in a large building without changing networks. The nodes allow you to stay connected to a single network until you decide to add more than three nodes. You will definitely like the functioning of Linksys Velop because of its amazing speed transmitting capabilities and safety features.