Configuring Linksys through an app is an easy task. The main advantage of this app is it will easily identify the node which is going to be configured and provide on-screen instructions. There?s integrated Bluetooth radio which makes it simple and seamless.
Steps to set up the first node using an iOS device
- The latest mobile app on the app store.
- Smartphone with iOS 9.1.0 or later.
- Active internet connection on the modem.
- Open the Linksys app.
- Click ?Setup?.
- You are required to turn on Bluetooth on the iOS device. Bluetooth is used for setup purposes.
- Go through the terms and conditions and click ?Agree?.
- Setup will search for the node. Once it gets detected, you need to click on ?Next?.
- Setup will search for an internet connection.
- If the internet is not detected, you need to check the connection status and the try wired connection.
- Click ?Next?.
- You will be prompted to restart the modem. If you don?t want to add ISP settings, click ?Next?. If you know ISP settings, then click on the respective link.
- Unplug the modem and the router and restart them. Click on ?It?s unplugged? link.
- The lights on the modem must be turned off. Click ?Lights are off? link and proceed to the next step. Wait for 2 minutes till the modem gets completely disconnected from the ISP.
- After a time gap of 2 minutes, click ?It?s plugged in? to move to next step.
- Wait for the modem to get started. This will take 2 minutes.
- Setup completed window will appear on the screen. Click ?Next? once done.
- It?s time to create a cloud account on Linksys. Enter email address and password in the fields given. Click ?Create account? to go to next step. If you are already having an account, then click ?Login here?. Setup is now complete. Wait for 1 minute.
- Personalize the home Wi-Fi by creating a wireless name and password. Once done, click ?Next?. If you are asked to connect to a new wireless network, then go to ?Wireless? from phone and click on the Velop Wi-Fi.
- The app will start configuring the Velop network.
- Give a name to the node of your choice.
- Once you find the ?Success? screen, click to proceed.
- You will find the ?Always refresh? page. Click on this screen to go to next page. This page is important from the connection point of view.
The node will automatically check for the update if available. If available, it will start the updating process automatically. After configuring the primary node, it is recommended to change the admin password. The admin password is generated randomly to login to the account in case the internet connection is down or not available due to maintenance.