When you add a second computer to the Linksys network it enables you to connect to the internet as well as to the main network which includes personal files and folders. Whereas, in guest network the access to the internet is granted but there is restriction on accessing the main network.
How to connect the second computer to the Linksys network
You can connect via 3 ways:
- Connecting the second computer using wired connection like Ethernet cable. Connect one end of the cable to the port of a computer and other to the router.
- Connecting additional computers through easy setup key. For instructions, you can go to the link.
- Manually connecting the laptop or wireless computer using SSID and password.
How to connect the computer to the guest network?
There’s a guest network feature available in the Linksys wireless router with the help of it, you will get a separate wireless link for internet access. You will connect automatically to it without requiring any passkey but when you browse any website, you will be required to enter the guest password before accessing it.
When you configure the Wi-Fi router and smart Wi-Fi router, you will find 2 networks with the same SSID. On one network, you will find ‘guest’ as a suffix which indicates the guest network. For instructions related to connecting the computer to the wireless network, you can read complete instructions from the Linksys Velop support link.
How to connect the iPad to the guest network?
As discussed earlier, in the guest access feature of your Velop router, you will get access to a separate network for connecting the guest devices without interfering with the main network.
The following things must be in your hand before starting with the setup:
- Guest Wi-Fi.
- Guest password.
To know the guest password, you can open the Linksys app installed on your smartphone.
Note: The guest access feature of all the Linksys routers can be checked from the guided manual available with it or from the website under the support menu.
- From the home screen of your IPad go to settings.
- Click on ‘Wi-Fi’ and slide to turn it on.
- From the navigation menu, click on a guest network you want to connect to.
NOTE: The identity of the guest network is ‘Guest’ written in front of the main name of the router network. When you connect to it, it will get connected without requiring any passkey as it comes under the category of unsecured network. A new window will then get appear on the front screen where the guest password is necessary.
4. Enter password followed by tapping ‘login’.
5. Hit done.
6. Press the center button of your iPad to close the settings menu.