Following things are required for the setup
- Latest Linksys app installed on Android device.
- Android OS with version 4.1 or higher.
- Active internet connection on the modem
Steps to setup the Linksys Velop are:
- Open the Linksys app.
- Go to ‘Setup’.
- Turn on the Bluetooth to begin setup. When you click on ‘Turn on Bluetooth’ option.
Note: In some android devices, you are required to ‘Turn on’ location services. Click on ‘Allow’ to enable the location from the pop-up window appeared.
- Go through terms and conditions and click ‘Agree’.
- Setup will search for the node.
- Once the node gets detected, click ‘Next’.
- Setup will now seek the internet connection.
- If the internet is detected, you can directly go to step 15 else check the wiring of your router connected to the modem.
- Click on the respective boxes after checking the wiring connection.
- Tap ‘Next’.
- You will be prompted to restart the modem. If you don’t want to enter ISP details, then click ‘Next’. If you have ISP settings, then click on the link.
- Restart your modem by unplugging it from the power supply. Click on the link ‘It’s unplugged’.
- Make sure that the lights are off. Click ‘lights off’ to go to the next step.
- Wait for 2 minutes and plug the device back to the supply.
- Wait for the modem to boot completely.
- A completed message will appear, click ‘Next’.
- Tap to create a Linksys Cloud account. Here you will have to enter the email address which is currently working along with the password in the fields given. Click ‘Create’ to proceed. If there is any error from your side, you will get the message for the same on-screen otherwise, an account will be created.
- If you already have an account, then simply login with the existing details.
- The account will then link to the setup. After the setup, the login access will be created.
- Customize the home wireless network by giving the name and password. Once you are done, click ‘Next’.
- If you are prompted to connect to the Wi-Fi from a smartphone, then click on ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Wi-Fi’. In this manner, you can connect to new Velop name.
- The Velop network is now created on the Linksys app.
- Give any specific name to the primary node and press ‘Next’.
- You will get ‘Success’ on the screen.
- Always fresh screen will appear. From here, go to ‘Next’.
If any new update is available, the Velop router will check and download it automatically through the app otherwise, you are good to go further and start accessing internet on devices.For more information go to Linksys Smart Wifi Login.