You can easily configure the Linksys Wi-Fi system with the help of an app. The main benefit of this app is it can easily recognize the node and offer on-screen instructions. The inbuilt radio Bluetooth makes the process simpler and easier.
Steps for configuring the first node using an iOS device
- The latest app version should be installed.
- Smartphone with an iOS version higher than 9.1.0
- Proper internet connection
- Launch the Linksys app on your apple device.
- Tap ?Setup?.
- Enable or slide to turn on Bluetooth from an iOS device. Bluetooth is mandatory for setup process.
- Read all the terms and conditions and tap ?Agree?.
- Setup will auto search node, after it gets detected, click ?Next?.
- It will search for an internet connection.
- In case the internet is not active, use the wired connection and check the status of your internet.
- Tap ?Next?.
- You are required to restart the modem. If you don?t want to continue without adding ISP settings, then click on the ISP settings link otherwise tap ?Next? to add without ISP settings.
- Disconnect modem and router and restart it.
- You will be asked to select the ?It?s unplugged? option. Select it and check that the lights are totally off and wait for 2 minutes till it gets properly disconnected.
- After 2 minutes, you need to plug it again and move to the next step.
- Wait till the modem gets refreshed and all the lights on it turn green.
- You need to create a cloud account on Linksys. Enter the email address and password in the given fields. Tap ?Create an account? to move to the next step. If you are already maintaining an account, then simply sign-in with the username and password.
- Customize the home Wi-Fi by creating a wireless name and password. Once it is done, click ?Next?. If you are new to the Wi-Fi, then go to ?Wireless? from the Apple device and select ?Velop Wi-Fi?.
- The app will configure the?Velop Setup?network on its own.
- You can give any name to the node.
- Tap to get a ?Success? message on the screen.
- You will get the ?Always refresh? page on the screen. Click to apply this step. This step is required for connecting the node to the internet.
Right after the setup, the node will check the update if available any and start downloading it. If no update is available, you can continue using it. Don?t forget to change the username and password from admin to one of your choices. The details are useful when the internet connection is down and you want to login to the setup page.
If you want to know more about?Linksys Smart Wifi Setup?then you can call to our?Linksys Velop Support?team and also you can visit to?Linksys official websites?s link?https://www.linksys.com/us/velop/