To find out the process of configuring Linksys Velop for Etisalat ISP, you need to follow the steps provided in the sections below. There are two different ways by which the configuration can be done.
First Scenario: Users seeing a specific screen on Linksys app – In case, the Linksys app has frozen on a specific screen, then follow these steps:
- On your computer, launch a web browser and go to the web interface of Etisalat router to make changes to the settings of the router. Enter values in ‘Username’, ‘Password’ and ‘Connection Type’.
- Once you’ve added values in all the required fields, then you should move onto the configuration process of Linksys Velop. Go through on-screen instructions and connect to the internet if prompted. You will also have to click ‘I have VLAN ID’ option.
- If you click ‘I have VLAN ID’ option, then you will have to enter the VLAN ID, which you must have received from the ISP.
- Enter the ISP details followed by clicking ‘Done’.
- Click to save settings and proceed with the installation of Velop.
Note: Upon the successful Velop setup, turn off the Wi-Fi on Etisalat router followed by connecting your Wi-Fi devices to the Velop rather than Etisalat. The devices will connect to the node instead of the main router.
Second Scenario: Users with no VLAN ID
- In case, you don’t have a VLAN ID, then you can open your Linksys app and then, select the ‘Velop setup’ option.
- Go through the on-screen instructions and enter the ‘single device’ option for the option that says, ‘where the internet comes from’, but only if prompted.
- Click ‘Next’ to move ahead to other options.
- Etisalat router will detect the network, and once it does, you will have to enter your PPPoE details.
- At last, click ‘Next’.
Note: If you are unable to find PPPoE details on the screen and don’t get any error message, then click ‘Skip’ and proceed to the next step without network. This will allow you to set up the router using local settings. Then, you can log into your Linksys app and then, set up the internet. You will be able to log into the dashboard after entering PPPoE settings and configure the router manually. Click ‘menu’ icon followed by proceeding to ‘Advanced’ settings.
- Configure each node network by connecting it using the default Wi-Fi name and password.
- Complete the setup process by hitting ‘Next’.
- In order to add any additional node, click ‘Add additional node’. If not, then click ‘I’m done’.
- You can now use the internet. Click ‘My Dashboard’ to check or change Linksys’ default settings.
In case, you are still not able to connect your Velop device with Etisalat ISP, then you can consult Velop setup and support providers to help you out with the problem.